Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. With a very busy long weekend and trying to get back into the swing of things, I need a few days to re-group. I hope everyone had a fabulous long weekend! I love that it's already Wednesday.

I took chicken breasts out of the freezer this morning for dinner tonight and am feeling a new, summery recipes. When I came across these honey-lime chicken skewers I thought they sounded too delicious not to share with you.

Via

Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • juice of one lime
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1-2 teaspoon Siracha
  • red pepper flakes, to taste
  • 2 tablespoon cilantro
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Instructions
  1. In a small bowl, combine your ingredients, through the cilantro. Mix thoroughly.
  2. Pour marinade over chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
  3. Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.

Amazing, right? I'm going to buy the ingredients after work and this will be dinner tonight.

Have a sunny day :)

7 comments:

  1. These would be so perfect for tonight! I just took out chicken drumsticks to defrost and will use those! They should go together nicely with my light and easy salad:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to make them last night but forgot to buy soya sauce! I must make them very soon!

      Delete
  2. Oh and I forgot to mention that this is a great rice dish to pair with your skewers http://mainstcuisine.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/coriander-rice/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, they look very yummy! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so delicious! I love anything with lime!

    gracefullysearching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making this now *salivating*.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them! I made a lemon chicken dish instead which was super yummy too!

      Delete