Monday, June 18, 2012

Chocolate Filled Strawberries

I love fruit. I eat pineapple almost everyday. You'd think I was a pregnant lady with weird cravings because I'm constantly asking  sending M to the grocery store to buy me pineapple. Add strawberries to my bowl of cut up pineapple and I'm in heaven.

When I came across these chocolate filled strawberries I thought they were too good to be true.




Ingredients15-20 strawberries (the larger the better)
1 bag of Milk Chocolate chips (I use the 11.5 oz Guittard milk chocolate chips)

Directions
1. Cut the stems off your clean strawberries and carefully scoop out the top of the berry. The deeper you scoop the more chocolate it will hold. I used large strawberries so I scooped about an inch down.

2. Pour the entire bag of chocolate chips in a glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals. Make sure to take your bowl out every 30 seconds to stir the chips. Continue until all chips are melted.

3. Place your strawberries in an egg carton so they sit straight up. You could also use little Dixie cups. Now you can either spoon your melted chocolate into the berries or use a funnel or piping bag. I used a little baby spoon and it worked fine. Your choice.

4. Place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes until they harden. Eat or continue to store in the fridge.


Amazing, right?

The pictures and recipe are from here.

Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a neat idea. I can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these look sooooo yummy! I'll be making these for sure!

    ReplyDelete