I've actually never made a big pot of soup from scratch but it's something I plan on doing this fall and winter more then once.
Here are a couple soups I'd love to tackle.
|French Country Chicken Soup|
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs or 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 900-mL cartons chicken broth or 8 cups (2 L) chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground nutmeg and white pepper
- 6 baby potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 leeks
|Squash Soup with Smoky Bacon|
- 1 large butternut squash or 5 cups squash pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 5 thick slices of bacon, preferably double-smoked
- 1/2 tsp each dried sage leave, oregano leaves and salt
- 900 mL carton chicken broth or 2 284 mL cans undiluted chicken broth
- 1/3 cups shredded fresh basil (optional)
How delicious do these soups look? For the full list of recipes click here.