Friday, January 13, 2012

Recipe Friday....Valentine's Day Strawberry Hot Chocolate

This was my first full week back at work since before the wedding and let me just say, TGIF!!

I know Valentine's Day is still a month away but I thought this was too cute not to share.

VIA Two Peas And Their Pod
The full recipe that was featured here.

Strawberry Sweethearts Cocoa
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 pint strawberry ice cream
  • 4 cups water
  • Whipped cream
  • 1 cup Mini chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
In a medium-sized bowl, melt the chocolate chips and dip the top of four mugs into the chocolate. Set aside, allowing chocolate to harden.
In a medium pot, whisk together the butter, sugar, and ice cream over medium high heat until melted.  Whisk in the water, one cup at a time until your favorite texture/flavor is achieved.  Heat just until steaming.  Pour into chocolate-rimmed mugs.  Garnish with a dollop of whipping cream and a sprinkling of chocolate sprinkles.  Serve with your favorite bite-sized cookies for dipping. 

Have a great weekend everyone. We're hosting on Saturday and I'm trying all new recipes that I'll share if all goes well.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I'm not a big hot beverages person, I love the look of these!

    ReplyDelete